Mem Rom is an european project carried out to make visible the genocide suffered by the Rroma community during the Second World War. The project is co-financed by the UE program Europe for Citizens and it is promoted by Maratha Federation of Rroma Associations.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Recover and disseminate the memory of Samudaripen (Rroma genocide).
- Increase awareness about social exclusion and its consequences.
- Reduce the anti-Rroma feelings in the society.
- Create forums and debates about respect and diversity.
- Work with young people to make them understand tolerance and mutual respect as efective tools of coexistence.